Thursday, January 18, 2007

I miss Mr. Rogers

Even though he's only been gone a little less than 4 years, I really miss the man and his iconic show. Even as an adult he could make you see that there was still good in the world.

Unlike now. Molasses Man gave his 2 weeks notice today. I told him I was going to chain him to the microscope and, if that didn't work, I was going to have to kill him (metaphorically speaking people). He just laughed. He doesn't give a rat's hind end. He's moving back to sunny California (unless he's going to snowy Malibu) with his girlfriend to teach at a junior college. No wonder he's been so happy lately knowing he was going to leave me in the lurch.

I wonder if that is why my dreams have been so effed up lately--all about death, dying, the apocolypse, crumbling teeth, and snakes. The crumbling teeth thing is a recurring theme. When I wake up I have to feel my teeth to make sure they are really still there. Creepy! I'm sure that is also part of the reason I've not been well rested lately. Stupid dreams.

One more random thing of note: turkey is not a good substitute for chicken in stir fries. I made something last night (the night before?) with turkey since I had some in the fridge. It was okay, but I highly recommend springing for shrimp or something other than turkey. Much too strong of a flavor. It was kinda like Thanksgiving Stir Fry. Weird.

So, if anyone wants to try and make me as happy as Mr. Rogers could, I'll take all the cheeriness I can get! I wonder if there are reruns at a time graveyard-shifters could watch it? At this rate, I'll never make day shift.

No comments: