Tuesday, December 05, 2006

I am cursed

I have this terrible affinity for finding places that are noisy.

I got home from work this morning (after a little Chirstmas shopping at Target--oooh, love me some Target) at 9:30am. I got all comfy in my sleepy clothes, brushed, flossed, etc, and got in bed. Thomas was all snuggly and curled up under my right arm under the covers with me. Just as his purring was lulling me into a calm and beautiful sleep, the buzz saw hastily brought me back to the rudeness of daylight. I know I've mentioned before that my neighbor (on the side right outside my bedroom window) is adding onto her house. Needless to say, the contractors feel the need to work during the daylight hours. Blast them! I think the world should switch to a graveyard shift to accomodate me.

Anyway, at about 1pm, I gave up and called Mother. "Please can I sleep at your house?" "Of course, darling!" So I put on clothes of a sort and make the mile and a half trek to my mother's place. Who is here when I get her but her once-every-two-weeks housekeeper. Ugh! The television all blaring and vacuuming noises with spanish being spoken loudly into a cell phone disturbing my sanctity.

I give up. No wonder I can't seem to shake this allergy/cold/snotty mess that is in my head. Sleep is needed to revive the immune system. Not to mention the fact that I haven't seen the bf in over a week. He's probably given up on me by now. I miss him. A lot.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Chin up Missy!! You aren't cursed....you know....you could always sleep at my place in Irving....I know it's a drive..but sleep is sleep.