Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Who is Shaqua?

So a few times this week I've gotten really weird calls on my cell phone. The first time someone called asking for Shaqua. I didn't worry about it and told them they had the wrong number. Today my phone rang while I was at the clinic. I said if it wasn't my advisor, I wasn't answering the phone. Well, I didn't know the number so I answered the phone just in case. Here's how it went:

Me: Hello?
Caller: Hey! This is Republic. We did it!
Me: Um, what?
Caller: We're ready for Bandit!
Me: Um, I think you might have the wrong number.
Caller: Is this Shaqua?
Me: No, but I've gotten a couple of other calls for her. Why do people keep calling me?
Caller: Oh, your number is listed on this contract we've been working on.
Me: So I'm gonna keep getting these calls prolly, huh?
Caller: Yes, probably.
Me: Okay. Well, uh, thanks. B-bye.

What's really funny about this is that while I was typing this post, I got another call for Shaqua. Who the hell is Shaqua, and why is she putting my phone number on contracts I don't know about???

No comments: