Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Tuesday

Ugh. It's early. Yesterday I was at work by 5:30am, and today I was here by 6am. Unfortunately, today there is nothing to do yet. I'm sitting around twiddling my thumbs. I've got about 10 minutes before the first set of samples will be ready to read. Joy. So I thought I'd post a little blog to pass the time.

The rest of my birthday on Sunday was wonderful. Had a couple friends join me for a wonderful dinner of bloody cow and cake. Afterward, I got home and talked on the phone for almost an hour (instead of going straight to bed). Then there was yesterday. My alarm went off at 4:15am. Ya, I hit snooze a little longer than intended, but I was still here in plenty of time to get stuff started. I worked my butt off (figuratively) until 8am then went over to the training. Whenever we had a "coffee break," I came back in the lab to see if there was anything I could do. The workday didn't end until 5pm. Eleven and a half hours of poop and parasites. Wow. And now I get to do it all again today!

There was one huge bright point in my day yesterday--dinner with ma madre. Once again, I had birthday dinner. Nice how I can drag this out for so long! She took me to a fabulous little place and I ate more birthday cow. Mmmmm! Cow! I also decided to start with a glass of champagne. What better reason to celebrate other than myself? =) By the time I got home though, I was wiped out. I was dead to the world by 10:15pm. And let me tell you how much it sucked when the alarm went off this morning at 4:30am. I may actually skip my free training dinner tonight just so I can get some sleep.

No comments: