Monday, March 10, 2008

DOH!

I had a total "oh no" moment today. I was to meet my madre for lunch at 11:30am. I walked out my door and saw that I had left my sunroof open all night. Just a crack, but with the torrential rain we had.... Crikey. Thank goodness for leather seats. I came back in, got a towel, and started the clean up procedures. Luckily it wasn't too bad. I actually think my visors got the worst of it.

Second strangeness to happen today was running into my old QC person from my "prior job." It was strange. I saw him in the Target and cleverly avoided him. I mean, what do you say to someone who saw you go through all sorts of hell for a job? I did well until I hit the parking lot. I'm one of those people who absolutely must return the cart to the "returned cart place." When I did, he was walking right toward me. There was no avoiding him this time. He said hello first, and we had a minimal nice chat. I must admit that the best part of it was seeing the guilty look on his face, like he knew he'd done something wrong. I'm not going into the saga here, but if you know me well enough, you know it. It was vindication! Made up for the cold wet butt I'll have the rest of the day from my car. ;-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

better your visors than cloth seats...then your car would smell like wet dog...or at least mine did once when I was in high school