Wednesday, June 11, 2008

a week already?

Wow, I can't believe I haven't blogged since last week. Sorry, I suck. I'll try to make up for it. Hmmm, where did I leave off? Sadly nothing much has really happened. I ended up catching a stomach virus thingamajigger so felt like absolute hooey all weekend. To the point where I got home from work Saturday afternoon and slept on the couch (okay, futon) for four hours. I felt awful for ditching a friend who I haven't seen in ages, but I figure he really didn't want me to hurl on him in a movie theater. Same scenario Sunday: I got up and did the singing thing (had a duet so I couldn't skip out--although I kinda did because at one point I totally forgot to sing--bad naughty mouse!), but I thought I was gonna spew on the priest at the altar after the singing. Needless to say, I came back home and slept on the aforementioned futon for another 3+ hours. This was not good for ingesting protein. I got a little behind, and yet I didn't lose a single pound. Damnation!

This week has been better. I started feeling better Monday night, and I was back to my obnoxious and raring-to-go self by Tuesday (much to the chagrin of my coworkers--I think they liked the break). I even threw something at my boss yesterday. He tried talking to me while I was doing something where I really needed to pay attention, and I almost screwed everything up. Blast him. He got a pad of paper aimed at his chest. Bwa hah hah!!! Today was even better because I got a call this morning and ended up with a lunch "date." Of course I hadn't planned on him paying and all that jazz, but who am I to say no. He doesn't have to pay to put gas in his car. =) We just went to a close local barbeque place, and I tried the pulled pork. I'm happy to say that it is now on the list of things the mouse can eat. Whoot! I keep adding something new almost every day. Things are looking up. I even had some almonds this afternoon!

Yes, things are looking up. I know I left a lot out, but highlights are better than everything. I don't want to bore you all to death and have you never read me again. Happy hump day people!

No comments: