Sunday, January 06, 2008

and now...I'm home

Glad to be home after leaving 17 hours ago. What a long day. I started off by going to work (imagine that) for my Saturday duty. It was such great fun having the boy there to help me for the first time. I was actually finished in just over 8 hours. It's been eons since that happened! Then it was up to Willow Bend for a new top to wear for the evening--since the one I'd planned on wearing after work was at home on the couch. Sometimes my brilliance astounds me. Thank goodness for mega after Christmas sales. Then it was up to Denton for dinner with the XY and friends. For the most part, it was a lovely evening. The XY liked my friends, and they liked him. Now I just gotta figure out how he feels about me. I think he likes me, but he won't let me see where he lives. He gives me the "it's not you, it's me" thing about it. He says he's ashamed of the tiny, messy place. I say, so what! He's seen my hovel. I told him that I wasn't dating him because of his clothes or money or where he lives. That didn't phase him. Maybe it is him. I should try not to worry. Of course we all know that's like trying to get a leopard to change its spots. *rolls eyes at self* So, think happy thought for the spotted mouse. At least I'm home with my boys and my new down comforter!!!!! That, dear ones, makes up for just about everything. =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, I've already given you my two cents on the matter. Poll some others and get their response.