Saturday, October 27, 2007

kismet?

So I was having feelings of emailing my former choir director and asking (basically begging) for my old singing job back. I miss the good music, my church, and my friends in the choir. That and I really need the money. I gots bills to pays! (yes, bad grammar on purpose) So I talked with a mutual friend (known him longer, likes me better) about how to approach it and if it was even a good idea. We chatted about it, she said she thought it was a good idea, and I have no problem eating a little crow even if it's not deserved. I just miss singing!

Anyway, as soon as I hung up the phone with the friend, put the phone in my pocket, and had time to think about looking in the microscope, my phone rang. It was a number I didn't recognize, but I answered it anyway. Turns out it was another choir director asking if I was available for All Saints' Day and Christmas services. WOO-HOO!!! Of course I said I was. Then I asked when I needed to show up for rehearsal. I'm so bloody excited I can hardly stand it. She said she can't offer me a full time singing gig now, but she hopes to be able to soon.

Now I've got to go to bed. Stupid pneumonia shot made me sick and gave me a fever. No, it didn't give me pneumonia, I'm just "susceptible" to maladies from immunizations.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What great news!!!

Anonymous said...

I don't like to eat crow...there's just no fiber there dude. Glad you got another singing gig. Bummed you're going to miss the free concert goodness though.