Thursday, October 25, 2007

Hallelujah! Praise the Lord!

I FINALLY hooked up the washer and dryer! Today, my one day off this week, will be full-o-laundry. My Lord, I'm happy. Now I just gotta get the scaredy cat used to some of the noises the washer makes. When it does the spin to rinse thing, it sounds like a UFO taking off. Okay, granted I have not a clue what a UFO sounds like, but if I did, I'm sure it would make this noise.

I had to get up early because the electrician was supposed to be here between 8 and 10am. I rolled outta bed at 7:54am, threw on jeans and a sweat shirt and called it a good day. (Now the jeans are in the washer!) He was here by 8:30 and gone by 9:30. He switched out the outlet in the utility room from a three prong to a four prong. I asked if he had a dolly in his truck which he didn't. Then he pulled the macho thing and said he'd move my washer for me (it was still stuck in the roomie's old room--long story). When he tried to pick it up, I just stood aside with a smirk. This thing's an Asko, meaning it has its own built in water heater. There was NO WAY he was gonna move it on his own. He finally let me help him after I told him the situation. He smiled and said he was trying to be macho. What a sweet guy! We got it moved to the other end of the house and hooked it up. When we turned on the water at the source, it spewed all over the wall. Eek! We switched out the hose to the spare, but it did the same thing. At this point I was ready to crawl back in bed. Instead, I paid the nice man and went to Home Depot. I had to return the plug I'd bought a couple of weeks ago trying to hook the dryer up on my own. So I returned it and bought a new washer hose. Would you believe I had $0.01 left from the trade? Crazy. When I got back home I screwed on the hose, turned on the water again, and --lo and behold--there was no leakage! I started yelling "it works! it works!" as I ran through the house. Poor cats. Scared the crap out of poor Corn.

And now, if you need me, I'll be doing laundry. :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nothing beats having your own W/D =)