Tuesday, September 18, 2007

weekends rule!

I had one of the best weekends in a looooooooong time. And ya know, I really didn't do much of anything.

Friday night was just a lazy night. I don't think I did anything in particular--I don't remember! Saturday rocked my boat because I went over to the Hbomb's and we watched the first 3 discs of Heroes season 1. A mini-marathon if you will. She is hooked! While there, I ate a ton of cheese, and we finished the night with yummy cow from Outback.

Sunday, I slept in, hit the gym (after all that cheese, I needed it!), and went to lunch and shopping with Mother. Amazingly, the shoes I had in my mind's eye were actually real and in the store ready to be purchased by me! Soooo, I have a new pair of Clark's to wear around Paris in a couple of weeks (much to my mother's chagrin). Then we stopped in Teavana--bad naughty mouse!!! Like I really needed that new teapot and book and tea mugs. Okay, the teapot was kinda in order, but the rest was superfluous. What's really funny about it all was that in my 2 stops, I spent as much as Mother did in one stop buying 2 new blouses. I think that shows that I am a much better shopper than my mother. ;-)

But best of all about Sunday was the Musegasm of the night. MUSE was playing out at the Nokia Theater in Grand Prairie (really, what is "grand" about it?). Oh...my...goodness...! It was a super stupendous sensory overload of lights and sounds and smokey machine goodness! Yes, they still totally rock my world all over the place. Best of all, they played my fave song (Butterflies and Hurricanes) with the killer classical piano interlude in the middle. Sooooo wonderful!!! And I have learned that the best seat possible are on the Southwest Flight Deck. One row on the front of the mezzanine/balcony. No one in front, no one behind. Sometimes I think I'm too old to scream my head off like that, but it was AWESOME!!!!!

Monday was still weekend for me, but it was uber boring. Since I didn't get to sleep until about 2am, I slept late. Met the Hbomb and Mother for lunch, took the Hbomb to Luke's Locker for shoes, then hit the CD stores to sell some stuff back. I got a whopping $11.50. Ya, that's gonna pay a lot of hospital bills. Then I futzed around the rest of the day putting more CDs on my computer and then ipod. I tried to go to sleep at 10:30pm. I was still wide awake at 1:30am. Insomniac Girl rides again!!!

Now I'm tired, and you are caught up on the intricacies of my life. Aren't you thrilled.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A-ha...now the new posts show up. Sneaky computer!