Thursday, September 20, 2007

the walking dead

So I finally gave up on trying to get rid of the tension headache/shoulder ache/pain in the neck I'd had since last Saturday. Last night I succumbed to the pain and took a flexeril (yes, they have been prescribed to me for the stupid tmj thing). I took it at 9pm. I was surprised that I didn't pass out halfway through Top Chef. When I did finally get to sleep about 10:30, I slept like a baby. So much so that when my alarm went off at 6:30am this morning, I heard it and didn't care. It's like it just didn't register. My brain was like "oh, that's the alarm, pay it no mind" and kept sleeping. I finally got out of bed at 8:15--I'm supposed to be at work (which is a 30 minute drive on a good traffic day) at 8:30. Needless to say, I was a tad late. All day long, I've been in a comatose-like state of "walking deadness." My brain is functioning only minimally, and I've made some silly mistakes. The best part though, was slamming my face into the eye pieces on the microscope when I kinda nodded off between slides. Ah, good times! I'm looking forward to going back to bed soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I find myself in a similar state today..only I was late to work b/c my toilet decided that this morning was a FINE time to overflow.

That toilet is SOOO fired. Thank the lord I was just flushing a tissue.
By the way...the word verification tag is farking long today.