Wednesday, July 09, 2008

I've been remiss...

Thanks to those of you who noticed that I have not been blogging of late. I've been in my own little world of blah. Don't know if it's allergies or what, but I have been soooooo tired. Case in point, last night I got home from work at 6, fell in bed and slept until 9, then got up for about an hour and was back in bed until 7:30 this morning. To top it all, I'm still tired! Anywho, a short recap on the week you all missed:

I had last Monday off, but it ended up sucking royally. I had to take one of my boys to the vet because he couldn't pee. Either that or when he did it was all bloody. Not a good thing! Needless to say, this was after I'd already seen the dentist for the teeth whitening (yes, I'm vain that way) and I'd signed up for a swimming class. Now I am calling myself broke until Christmas! Good news is the boy is MUCH better now. He's been on meds since last Monday so he's only got 3 more weeks! Poor kitteh. I did have a bright spot to my Monday though: my gay husband was in town from DC, so I got have lunch with him. Yay for bright spots!

Tueday was back to work work work. Friday was pretty fun--to finally get a day off! I went to Winny's for a little festive-ness of food and Wii time. Oh, and I drank all afternoon! Granted it was one drink over the course of like 3 hours, but that's all afternoon, right? Much fun was had by all. Then there was Saturday. Ugh. The day back to work after a holiday. It was hellacious; we broke a record for the number of samples done in one day. I was in the lab for 11 hours. That, my dears, is waaaaaaaaaaay too long. (maybe I'm just still tired from that)

On to this week: I started my swimming class Monday night. OMG!!! My coach for the next two and a half weeks is a guy who won 3 gold medals for the US in the Olympics! He is so patient and wonderful; I'm so glad I'm doing this for myself (even if it is gonna break me). Then again, considering the price and his credentials, I'm getting a bargain! I go again tonight in about an hour and a half. I can't wait. I'm so stoked about learning how to do a good freestyle so I can exercise my entire body more completely. Gotta get my losing weight self toned back up!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

maybe the obscenely hot weather has caused the recent tiredness?