Monday, November 19, 2007

tritones and triplets

I have to learn this Vivaldi duet for Christmas Eve. I'm working on it over at a friend's house (who happens to have a kick arse new piano), and I hit this section where there is an interval I cannot hit correctly to save my life. I even tried playing both parts to see if it made more sense. Considering I can't play the piano to save my life either (sorry, Mom--lessons never stuck), that in itself was interesting. I still couldn't hit the c# after the g. That's when it hit me--tritone! I don't care if you want to call it a diminished fifth or an augmented fourth. I call it evil. Hardest freaking interval for a singer to sing, and it's even harder if you passed your only semester of theory because of a lot of praying to the Lord Almighty. And I thought I was having problems with the triplets. Man, they are CAKE in comparison.

And yes, Heather, I went on a date this weekend. It was nice. He is nice. I'm not wobbly in the knees, but I enjoyed talking with him. Nice to finally meet someone intelligent for a change. I'll blog more when I've decided if he's worthy of further encounters with me. Until then, peace out.

No comments: