Saturday, August 25, 2007

mercury grill 8/21/07

Ah the last official night of restaurant week for me! Luckily the immense pain hadn't hit by dinner time on Tuesday. I'll get to that in the next posting.

So mother picked me up and we went to the Mercury Grill. I've listened to her talk about this place for, oh, a couple years now. It always sounded good, so I let her take me there. It definitely lived up to the hype. It was no Craft, but it's a totally different kinda place. For my first course I had the wild mushroom risotto. If it had been a man, I would've married it and had its children! Damn it was good risotto! My main course was a dynamite filet (a perfectly cooked beef filet topped with crab, shrimp, and portobellas in a super spicy aioli). Yummmmm! Mother and I had the same dessert of a chocolate souffle with an amaretto sauce. She topped off her meal with a lot of cream in a little coffee and some port. I had the straight coffee with a bit of kahlua on the side. Such a good meal.

I'm definitely making up for all the good meals in the last couple of weeks with the *fantastic* hospital food now. Thank goodness for contraband!

No comments: