Thursday, August 16, 2007

Kirby's

Last night was the local steak house Kirby's. My parents used to take me there when I was a kid. Mostly, I remember being able to pick a goodie from the goodie basket at the end of the meal (some cheesy little toy that made me behave myself during dinner). Last night, it was all goodies to be had!

The gang and I (for the most part) did well at not choosing all the same meals. There were only 2 choices for the apps so two of us got each. H-Bomb and I had the Lobster Cargot while Lemster and M had the wild boar sausage. Both were quite yummy. For the main course, M and I chose the Australian rack of lamb, H-bomb got the Filet Oscar, and Lemster got the Pepper Steak (my usual if I go now). Once again, yum city! For the last course, M and I once again chose the same thing: the cheesecake drizzled with chocolate ganache. That made for a great little breakfast this morning. H and L got the chocolate spice cake with walnuts and crunchy goodness on top. Damn that was a good meal. However, the best part of it all was the time spent with friends. I think we should all make more time for that in our busy little lives.

Tonight is Craft-Dallas. I'm so excited I could spit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I still say if that spice cake were a man...I would have married it right there at Kirbys!!! That was sooo much fun!