Saturday, July 07, 2007

I made it to Maine!

Yep, I'm here. The farthest East I've been in over 15 years (in the US of course). Why oh why did the rain follow me?!?!?

As soon as we started to come down out of the clouds, I could see the rain. I could also see numerous wooded islands, beautiful houses with docks at the water, sailboats on the water, and a beautiful steeple over the tops of the businesses in Portland.

And THANK THE LORD ALMIGHTY I finally feel like eating again. In fact, I can't wait to ditch this fantastic hotel and find a place to grab some dinner. Then again, room service wouldn't be too bad. I'll be out all day tomorrow. I bet another night of relaxing wouldn't be a bad idea. I did already hit the complimentary happy hour in the lobby (tonic water, no gin, and lots of celery).

I will post more as things happen.

No comments: