Friday, February 09, 2007

to kill a mockingbird

Is it really illegal to kill the state bird? Let me tell you why I ask. There is some insane mockingbird that has taken up residence in the crepe myrtle by my driveway. That in itself is not a problem. The problem is that he has decided to use said tree to "song mark" his territory. As soon as the sun starts to peek through the leaves of the overhead trees, he starts singing. At first you're like "oh, isn't that pretty." After an hour or so of loud raucousness, all I wanna do is get some sleep, and his infernal boisterous squawk is keeping me awake. Bastard of a bird! Ergo the question, is it illegal to kill a mockingbird? If I do away with it, can it be considered justifiable homicide? Darned thing is driving me batty! Or should I say birdy.... Hmmmmm.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I say as long as the police don't catch you doing it, then it's not a crime.