Monday, February 26, 2007

OMG!!! that hurt!

Today was my first foray into the world of leg waxing. Ouch! I knew it would hurt, but I actually believed a friend of mine who said it wasn't that bad. I've had my brows done tons of times (okay, really like less than 10, but still) and it was never like this. The waxer lady (Zina--soooo nice!) even commented on how sparce my hair actually is, but she said it would hurt despite that. Supposedly, the fairer the skin, the more pain. Her comment about my skin: "it's so milky white--this will hurt." Thanks. Then she mentions something about a bikini wax...! Not only no, but you know the rest. My reply was "baby steps, Zina, baby steps!" Always good to keep the person ripping your hair out by the root in a good humor. She said I'll get used to it, and that "it's the price of beauty." Actually, the price of beauty was $40. The pain was an extra bonus.

No comments: