Monday, November 24, 2008

ray-DEE-ay-tor

My poor car. I finally get the title in my possession, and all hell breaks loose. Or brakes loose. Whoa, bad pun. Especially since the brakes are fine. I shouldn't tempt fate I suppose.

Anyway, as I was trying to drive to a handbell rehearsal yesterday after Sunday morning choir duties, I noticed my temperature gauge start to creep up. By the time I got home, Max belched out all his coolant all over the driveway. First thing I did (after calling my handbell director and telling her I wouldn't be there) was rinse all the antifreeze into the grass or down the drain. Yes, I know. Pollution and all, but I'd rather pollute a little than kill a neighborhood kitteh or puppeh. Then Mother came and saved me. She took me to lunch (wouldn't even let me pay), took me to Pep Boys for more coolant, then came back to take me back to church later for an evensong. Props to Kathy for driving me home after the service. In the hour break I was at home, I refilled the radiator with coolant, let it sit a bit, then drove about a 2 mile round trip. By the time I got half way through my circle, the temperature started to skyrocket again. NOOOO!!!!! Yes folks, Max belched the rest of the coolant out starting at the end of my driveway up until I stopped the car. That's when I called AAA and set up my towing to the garage this morning. Poor baby Max is still there. They thought it was just a kaput radiator cap, and they bled and refilled the system. Then before I could get to work, the dang thing almost overheated again. Now I am driving a minivan. Yes kids, a minivan. Don't think this makes me just a little bit unhappy. I'm driving a "mom-mobile." Ugh.

I'll let you all know how it turns out. Hopefully I won't have to give people Christmas gifts of cards saying "Thanks for understanding, but I fixed my car instead of buying you a gift."

No comments: