Monday, November 17, 2008

2 weeks, time to post

Again, I find myself apologizing for my crap ass ability to blog on a regular basis. Right now I'm sitting at work waiting for the last driver to bring in samples to be analyzed by my amazing abilities of urine-problem deducing power. Actually, I'd really love to be home in bed with a cup of tea. I feel like ass crack. Well, I don't really know what that would feel like, but since it sounds bad, that's what I'm going with for now. Here: let me explain my weekend and you'll understand....

Saturday was glorious. It was super sunny and beautiful. The perfect day for a church chili cook off. Oh ya, except it was only about 55 degrees and the wind was blowing ninety to nothing. The wind even blew over the chili samples onto the judges (of which I was one). I thought these people were smart and would move the fiesta inside since it was so windy and cold. Nope. Ergo, your favorite naughty mouse was sitting outside in the shade with a thin long sleeved shirt, a vest, and jeans on. That was not warm enough!!! Would have been better if the chili had been spicy. =) By the time I left I felt like a popsicle. Then it was time for me to go to work. I got there at 5pm and left at 2:30am. Yes kids, 2:30am. I got home about 3:30 after having the wits scared out of me by all the drunk drivers out on the road. I sped like a bat out of hell getting home daring a cop to pull me over. If he had, then I could've pointed out all the drunk drivers!!! As it was, I was WIDE awake by the time I got home.

I got about 4 hours of sleep before I had to get up and go to church to sing yesterday. It started off badly when I got told to sing soprano instead of alto (a numbers issue). After so little sleep and all the coldness of the day before, my voice was not in its best shape. After church there was a choir party, and since I'm never one to snub a party, I went. I spent most of it outside in a beautiful backyard with tons of beautifully colored trees. About mid afternoon, I thought I should go home and take a nap before going and being counselor to a bunch of EYC kiddos. That nap didn't happen. By this time, I was getting very allergy-ridden. As soon as I laid down on the futon, I couldn't breathe. If I sat up I felt better, but I couldn't sleep sitting up. Screw that. I went to the store and go some exciting purchases of cat litter, milk, yogurt, and frozen dinners. Then it was time to go to church again. Poor kids. I sat there the whole night with my box of tissues at the ready. When I got back home, I put the flannel sheets and fleece blanket on the bed, got in, and holed up for the evening.

Then comes to this morning. I soooooooooooooo didn't want to get out of bed. I still woke myself up most of the night with congestion and drippy nose issues. Also, since Thomas looooooooooves the new sheets, I was extra warm all night because he wanted to be warm with me. I called and told work people I'd be in later when I felt like getting up. Yes, I brought in my special box of tissues to work with me. And my Mentholatum. And my Zyrtec and Sudaphed.

Yup, I live the glorious life of snotty allerginess. I hope you all are faring better!

No comments: