Friday, August 22, 2008

tgif

I am sooooooooo glad it is Friday, and I can actually leave work at a decent time today. Unfortunately, my 2 hour lunch will leave me a little short on hours for the week. Oh well, what are you gonna do when you have to see the surgeon for a post op visit?

Got some interesting news at that appointment, too. It seems as though I am quite anemic, and my vitamin A and D levels are low (D is very low). I guess this is why he wanted to draw the blood profile and check. The iron thing mostly explains why I have absolutely no energy lately. Too bad I can't get a transfusion of my mother's blood--she's got too much iron! Drat and damnation, we're not a type match. =) Now I have to take 3 iron supplements a day (yes kids, three), and an ADE&K supplement 3-4 times a week. This is on top of my 2 daily multivitamins and calciums. Ugh. Vitamins are expensive, too! On top of that, he explained to me exactly why I got the hernia. For my surgery, he saw something anatomically that caused him to do a retro-colic version of the bypass. WTF? Anywho, when putting everything back together, he had to try to connect fat to fat instead of fat to mesentery. My fats didn't like each other, refused to place nicely, and left a gaping hole for my jejunum to peek through for fun. Glad that is fixed. However, there is a 2% chance that it can happen again. Yippee.

In other news, it seems that there is a disparity between blocks of the population. For some, absence make the heart grow fonder. For others, it is out of sight, out of mind. I'll let you ponder that over the weekend.

No comments: