Thursday, July 27, 2006

Vacation 2006--Day 3

How weird is this? I love Dalton, Georgia. But I'm jumping ahead of myself....

Wednesday morning was delightful if early. We set the alarm for 7:15am so we could be at the tennis courts be 7:30 (ahead of any young 'uns). After hitting snooze twice, I finally got us up at 7:30. We still made it to the courts in high time. RAH would say that we played a game; I called it a rout. At least I got a few points and good shots in. Then we had to clean up quickly to make breakfast at the Inn. A fantastic plate was put before me with strawberries, grapes, raspberry cream cheese coffee cake, and a roasted red bell pepper fritatta. Mmmmmm! It was heavenly. During Breakfast, RAH chatted with the people at the next table (who we'd met the night before). Turns out they had recently left a church in Murfresboro where a school friend of RAH's was the music director. They had sung in his choir! What a small world!

After all the chit chat, it was time to hit the road to Dalton with one last pass through Sewanee (I'd forgotten to buy something a friend requested the day before). It was at that point that I realized we were running a full hour behind schedule. Dalton is in the eastern time zone while Monteagle and Sewanee are in central. Oops! Needless to say, we made excellent time. We even had time to stop and have lunch (again at Cracker Barrel). Gotta love me driving the Beemer through the mountains.

Anyway, the rest of the day was spent chatting and catching up with our friends here in Dalton. The kiddo was cranky earlier than normal, so we just ordered take away from Outback and stayed in all night. Again, yum! We stayed up entirely too late and got up when the kiddo awoke about 7:30 (remember, it's eastern now--felt like 6:30!). I've enjoyed sitting in the "couch room" watching the bird feeder this morning. So far I've seen cardinals, house finches, wrens, chickadees, titmice (nothing from the peanut gallery here), sparrows, a thrush or thrasher--I always get them confused--and of course squirrels. I could stay here forever!

1 comment:

A Naughty Mouse said...

anything for you, H-bomb!