Monday, July 17, 2006

it's Backwards Day!

Don't you love waking up in the morning and deciding to do everything out of order? OKay, so that's not really how it happened, but that'show it feels.

When I finally was able to drag myself from the lush comfort of my bed, I was hungry. I didn't want to take the time to actually cook anything for breakfast, so I went looking for substitutes. what I found was leftover shrimp egg foo young. That seems breakfasty, right? I mean, it's like a Chinese omelet. Eggs are a breakfast food. There you go. Leftover Chinese food for breakfast.

I stopped at the gay Starbucks to meet a friend to compare recent hair make overs before I ventured to work. While there, we split what I deemed to be dessert. They have this fantastic cranberry oatmeal bar thing that is sooooooo delightful. Yummy! That and the shaken Zen iced tea is a marvelous mid-morning snack.

Come about 2pm at work, I realized it was time for lunch. I went to the bougie Starbucks a few doors down looking for a refill of my tea and one of their fancy sandwiches. Let me just tell you that I picked the one place that had no lunch type food. I ended up getting a fruit, yogurt, and granola thingy. It was really good if a bit more of a breakfast food than a lunch food. Unfortunately, it was a ton more expensive than the same "fruit and yogurt parfait" thing from McDonald's. Oh well. It was really good though!

At least dinner should be a real dinner. The H-bomb and I are going to Outback from some good old bloody cow. No bloomin' onion, no margaritas, not even iced tea. Just steak. Maybe I can afford that!

So the trend today was lunch--dessert--breakfast--then dinner. Things can still change though!

No comments: