Wednesday, June 16, 2010

me versus the june bug

Finally something blogworthy. This working 60 hour weeks has made the Naughty Mouse very boring. Let this tale from last night entertain you.

I got home from work and delivering cucumbers to my mother about 9:45 last night. After the requisite checking email, washing face, cup of tea, I hit the bedroom. While I was watching Robert Pattinson on Leno (yes, I AM embarrassed to admit that), I felt something tickling my neck. I reached down thinking my hair was caught in my necklace. Nope. There was something large and crunchy on my neck. Yes dear friends, it was a june bug. **shudder** I grabbed the thing and threw it onto the floor. I thought I'd either killed it or stunned it because that thing did not move. And trust me, I stared at it for a good long time. Ernest went and poked at it himself and found it to be quite uninteresting. Okay, back to the TV. A few minutes later--brzzzztttt! The damned thing flew at me and hit me in the side of the face. After I jumped out of bed squealing like the girl I am and flinging sheets and pjs in all directions, I realized that the thing was a stealth fighter. It was gone. I have no idea what happened to it. Needless to say, it was hard to get to sleep. Once I did fall asleep, I figured it was for the night. Wrong. About 1:30am, I had a weird feeling on my right thigh like it was being poked by a thorn or bitten by an ant or something. I turned on the light, flung back the sheets, and lo and behold, that damned june bug was back sticking his pokey icky june bug feet in my leg as he was crawling around. Ugh! Once again, I threw him on the floor. Once again I stared at him/her/it for a good long while. Then I put a cup on top of him so he could NOT disturb me again. Try going back to sleep after that.

And for the record, yes, it IS still under the cup.

No comments: