Monday, May 04, 2009

ah May

I can't believe it's already May. Where has my year gone??? I guess spending most of it at work makes it go by faster. That's probably why time seems to go by faster as you age--there's just not as much time to relax and enjoy yourself. Anyway, I have a few little anecdotes to share that will hopefully bring a smile to someone's face.

I had to go to a birthday party for a 9 year old this weekend with the significant other (his best friend's son). Not only did I pick out the gift (he was sickly so I told him to sleep a little longer and I'd get it), I was told I had to sign the card. This means he and I together gave the kiddo a gift. Dun dun DUN! Not only that, I was at this party for almost 5 hours. Five hours of being the only gringa with a gabillion children running amok and killing the Spiderman pinata. Damn, they had some mighty fine food though! It was kinda fun--the friend's son is finally not scared of me. =)

I had to go back to the dermatologist this morning because the eczema thing on my face won't go away. While I was there I asked him why I get all itchy and bumpy after being in the sun. No, it's not my super sensitive skin, it's an allergic reaction to certain UV wavelengths. Are you kidding me? I'm allergic to sunlight. {rolls eyes}

I went by the car place to have my tires checked as one has a slow leak that needed to be filled. When the car was ready, the main mechanic dude came over to me and said "Is your name Michelle?" I looked at him a little dumbfounded and corrected him, and asked why he asked. Well, I have been going to this particular place for oil changes and simple things for years so I guess they know me there now. He got almost giggly and (acting all embarrassed like the aforementioned 9 year old) asked me if I'd lost weight. Guys are so funny! I said that yes, I've lost about 100 pounds. He commented that he thought so and "it looks good--you look good, I mean really good." Well, if that didn't make my Monday morning, nothing could!

Now the one not so happy thing. We've had quite a few bad storms lately (welcome to Texas in May!). As a result of high winds, my Direct TV satellite is askew. Great. At least I enrolled in their protection plan so they'll come fix it for free. What they didn't tell me at the time was that I may have to wait forever and a day for that to happen. I called yesterday about 2pm. They are sending someone out Friday. Hmmm, Sunday to Friday. I wonder if I can get my bill prorated since I'll not have TV for an entire week! I think I'll call on that.

No comments: