Tuesday, January 27, 2009

polar blog

Lately I've been feeling a little sorry for myself. I talked about it last night with the sax man. I feel like I've been forgotten by a lot of my friends. I know we are all busy with our jobs and commitments, but there are people I love that I haven't seen since before Halloween. I try. I try to plan parties/game nights, I call, I email, and I text. I know that people change and grow and drift and all that mess, but it makes me sad. For those who have stuck by me through the last year, I am so grateful. For those who haven't, I miss you.

On a completely different note.... Yesterday we had a potluck lunch at work for our monthly meeting and coworker's birthday. The boss brought a smoked turkey that he'd gotten from the building manager so everyone else brought stuff that would go with turkey. It was like Thanksgiving in January! The only problem with this was that I'm not crazy about smoked turkey, and the dressing was only so-so. Because of all this, I felt like I missed something from it all. I stopped at the store on the way home and bought a turkey breast and stuff to make dressing. Am I a total dork? Of course I am! But by the end of today, my house is gonna smell soooooo good like Thanksgiving all over again. Time to go make myself happy with the joys of cooking.

1 comment:

Andrew said...

London is bloody cold. SJ is home for the day as it is a snow day. Such a little bit of snow and all the buses are cancelled!