Sunday, February 15, 2009

awww

So, my boyfriend just left my house. We finished watching Blazing Saddles on AMC. Damn, what a funny movie. Too bad they had to bleep some of the stuff out. Anyway, as he was leaving, he thanked me for the best Valentine's Day he ever had. Really? I made dinner (granted it was divine--poached salmon, steamed asparagus with hollandaise, and roasted red potatoes with rosemary), and we ate it while sitting on the couch watching the Stars get slaughtered by...huh...I don't remember who they were playing. Then we finished with 2 games of Trivial Pursuit (both of which he won) with truffles and sparkling Shiraz. Anyway, it really wasn't all that special. Maybe that's why it was so good. It was just the two of us not having to deal with all the crazy people out and about on a Saturday night V-day trying to make things memorable. It was a wonderfully lazy evening. Today we spent the afternoon shredding old mail and documents, gathering up recycling, and walking around the lake looking at the birdlife. Ya, I'm pretty lucky. Too bad you can't see my smile. Some might call it perma-grin. =)

No comments: