Thursday, December 03, 2009

today is the day

I take my masters exam today. I feel so terribly unprepared, but how can you prepare for an exam over everything you should have learned over the course of part time studentry for the last ten years? Yes, I know studentry is not a word, but fort this occasion I think I deserve a little lattitude/lassitude/thatsadude. I've got one of the worst headaches of my life. I hope it's all the knowledge trying to burst forth. =) I made cookies last night to share with my committee (meaning, I hope to bribe them with my baked wares). So far today, all I've done is take a crazy long hot shower, make a pot of Golden Monkey (http://www.adagio.com/black/golden_monkey.html), and play some word games on m-w.com. At this point, I think studying is pointless. I'd rather relax with the kitten in my lap purring like a fool (which he is).

On a completely different note, the trip to Ohio was wonderful except for all the driving. I still haven't caught up on the sleep--hence my anxiety today. I'd hoped to study in the car, but as it happens I haven't outgrown my motion sickness. I can't read in the car. =( The boy's family seems to like me fine. How could they not??? Hah hah!

No comments: