Wednesday, November 19, 2008

tooting my own horn

If you don't want to read about my recent successes, stop reading now. I'm gonna brag about myself a little bit.

So I had jury duty today. For the first time ever, I was out relatively early--11am today! I ended up going down to Neiman Marcus to wander and look at the Christmas decorations (hey, I'm not downtown often), and my father met me there for lunch. Would you believe their cafe has good turkey meatloaf? Well, they do. Then it was errand time. I came home, grabbed a bunch of clothes and went back out to consign those suckers. Would you believe no one wanted my stuff? The consignment stores either (1) would only take things less than one year old, (2) would only take "designer" brands (I thought Liz Claiborne was a designer...), or (3) already had too much stuff. Fine. A woman did hit me up in a parking lot asking about my red leather jacket. She said she gets paid tomorrow and may call me then to inquire about it. We'll see. Then I went to Vickie's to exchange a bra for a size that actually fit. Dammit.

Anyway, to the bragging. I went across the mall to The Gap. I had no real idea what size I would wear. My current Levis are 12s so I figured 12 or 14 would be the right size for me. Oh, ya. I have no dress clothes or skirts that fit right now. I figured I needed something to get me through the holidays. Now I do! I bought a black pencil skirt in a size 10. Yes people, a ten. This is the size I wore in high school. Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!! (does a little dance around the store) I would've bought a lot more than I did if I'd had the money. As it was, I got one skirt and one skirt/jacket combo (on sale). So I now have at least 2 different things to wear until next year. Woo-hoo!!! Yay me!

Okay, that's it for today. I'm sure there will be something more exciting later in the week.

No comments: